By Driving Pretty
Let’s face it ladies, men are complicated, am I right? Wrong! Once you stop over-thinking men and realize that they are much less complex than you are, you can take charge, keep them content and get what you want at the same time. So here’s a list of the top 10 things that will help you help him to create a strong and lasting relationship with just about any guy.
- You Can’t Change Him- I know that you know this intellectually, but on some level, you may still think you can pull it off. You can’t. And if you do manage to get it done, he’ll figure it out and resent you for it. Love him the way he is or not at all.
- You Shouldn’t Take it Personal When He Checks Out Other Women- Unless he’s leering and drooling, just let it slide. It’s a reflex and he can’t help it. Just let it slide.
- You’ve Got To Watch Your Weight- Wow, did I really say that? Well, it’s true. Just because you landed him doesn’t mean you can eat whatever you want and stop going to the gym (and to be fair, neither can he).
- Do You Like This Outfit, Or This One? Or Maybe This One?- The more you change clothes before you go out, the more impatient he gets. After the second one, he doesn’t care anymore. Just pick one and let’s go!
- Always Take His Side- Within reason. But if he’s involved in some kind of debate and you take sides against him in public, he will never forgive you.
- Don’t EVER Emasculate Him- Even if you’re just joking. I promise you, he won’t think it’s funny. And if you do it during a fight, your relationship might never recover.
- You Should Compliment Him More- Hey, women aren’t the only ones who like compliments. Tell him he looks good, tell him he’s smart, whatever. He needs to hear that shit every once in a while.
- He’s Not Your Dad- For all you princesses out there. Yes, he’s supposed to take care of you, but it’s not in the same way. You’re a grown woman, for Christ’s sake. Learn the difference between a father and a partner.
- He’s Not As Complicated As You Are- Don’t go thinking that means you’re deeper than he is, though. Or smarter. He just likes to keep it simple. If you can understand and appreciate that, you might end up complimenting each other very well.
- Whatever You Want in Bed, He’ll Do It!- Don’t be embarrassed to ask for it. Whatever you sickest, most twisted sexual fantasy, it’s PG-13 material compared to the shit that goes on in his head.
Try these out, and you might just have a better relationship 🙂